Updated Masters Odds and Picks After Friday Play
Justin Thomas is tied for the lead after two days of the 2020 Masters. Photo from @ESPNStatsInfo (Twitter)
- There is a four-way tie for the lead at the Masters following play on Friday that was suspended mid-second round due to darkness
- Dustin Johnson and Justin Thomas among those tied at the top with Jon Rahm one behind
- See the updated live odds after Friday play concluded midway through the 2nd round at Augusta National
Through two days this year’s Masters has not disappointed, with 18 players within three strokes of the lead, as Dustin Johnson, Justin Thomas, Abraham Ancer and Cameron Smith are tied atop the leaderboard.
As was the case at the conclusion of play Thursday, half the field have not completed their second rounds due to darkness, so they’ll complete their rounds at 7:30am EST Saturday morning.
Among those who have holes to play are Tiger Woods, who is five behind the leaders and the duo of Jon Rahm and Hideki Matsuyama, who are both one back.
Read on to see the updated odds and the best bets to make heading into Saturday’s resumption of play.
2020 Masters Live Odds
Odds taken November 13th at DraftKings. *Players who must complete Round 2 on Saturday prior to Round 3.
2020 Masters Odds Tracker
Bunched Up Leaderboard Headed By Studs
Three of the top five betting favorites to win outright at the start of the week are within one shot, with DJ and JT tied and Jon Rahm a stroke behind.
The fiery Spaniard has the shortest odds to take home his first green jacket in part due to having six more holes to complete in his second round. He’ll have opportunities to grab the lead with two par 5’s to play on the second nine.
5 under through 12.
— The European Tour (@EuropeanTour) November 13, 2020
The other two tied at the top in Cameron Smith and Abraham Ancer likely don’t pose a true threat with Smith having just one individual tour win to his credit and Ancer has none. Though they’re clearly capable of bringing home a green jacket, they’re probably a little too unproven and tested to expect them to duke it out against the big guns of golf.
At this point it literally is a take your pick proposition between the top three players for who you’d like to wager on. DJ has the second highest greens in regulation percentage this week and has four career top ten’s at the Masters compared to none for Thomas, so between the two, I’d be inclined to lean Johnson.
Best Live Value Picks for 2020 Masters
- Hideki Matsuyama (+1600): Solid odds for a player who is just one shot back and has three holes to play in his second round. Coming off a T-2nd last week in Houston so his game is sharp. Just one bogey thus far this week, and he’s putting better than the average player through two days which is usually his downfall. Two top-10’s in his Masters career.
- Justin Rose (+2500): We were high on him before the week, so why change now that he’s just two off the pace? Rose has already racked up eleven birdies and has only missed six fairways. The 2013 US Open champ has five top-10’s at Augusta including a pair of runner-up finishes.
- Danny Willett (+5000): What does the 2016 Masters champion have to do to earn any respect around here? A player of his caliber who’s just two shots behind is will always be an enticing wager, particularly because he can sneak under the radar like he did when he won a green jacket. Tied the lowest round of the day on Friday (66). Has two European tour victories in the last two seasons to bounce back after a rough go following his Masters title.
Michael “Hound Dog” Harrison is well known in the sports industry as the resident statisitician for the Jay and Dan Show. He has worked at TSN for over 13 years, where he's been featured on Sportscentre, That's Hockey, That's Hockey 2Nite, The Masters preview shows, and several more.
Napoli vs AC Milan Play for Top Spot
[ad_1] Can AC Milan continue their undefeated streak in Serie A when they face a…
These Four-Teams Are Heavily Favored to Make the College Football Playoff
[ad_1] The Alabama Crimson Tide are heavily favored to make the four-team CFP this season.…
Updated Odds to Win The Masked Singer Season 4
[ad_1] The Sun is the favorite to win Season 4 of The Masked Singer. Can…
Dana White’s Contender Series Season 4 Week 10, Odds & Picks
[ad_1] Nick Maximov (second from right) will try to earn a spot in the UFC…
Ohio State vs Indiana Week 12 Opening Odds Favor Buckeyes By 19.5 Points
[ad_1] Justin Fields and the Ohio State Buckeyes host Indiana on Saturday. (Photo by Michael…
Masters 4th Round Odds, Tee Times, Standings and TV Coverage
[ad_1] Dustin Johnson is the runaway favorite heading into Sunday at the Masters. (Photo by…