Odds Favor Orioles Not Trading Jonathan Villar Before Deadline; Brewers, Athletics, Giants All Given 5-2 Odds to Acquire Him
- Bovada favors Orioles keeping Jonathan Villar at the 2019 trade deadline
- The middle infielder can play multiple positions
- What's the best bet in Bovada's latest MLB trade deadline prop?
The Baltimore Orioles are a rebuilding club and one of their biggest assets is infielder Jonathan Villar. The 28-year-old shortstop/second baseman is currently batting a solid .248 with 12 home runs, 44 RBIs and 20 stolen bases.
But, what makes him so valuable is the fact that he can play all over the field, occasionally even filling in at third base during his six-year career. He would be easy to plug into a lineup for almost any playoff team.
Yet, he may not be traded, as Bovada favors the Orioles keeping him past the July 31 trade deadline.
What Team Will Jonathan Villar Be On After 2019 MLB Trade Deadline?
|Team||Villar Trade Odds at Bovada|
|San Francisco Giants||+250|
*Odds Taken 07/26/19
Are the Orioles a good bet?
Yes, the Baltimore Orioles are a good bet at this price to keep Jonathan Villar. He is important to their team and is still under team control in 2020 (Arbitration Year 3).
Recent reports make it seem unlikely that Baltimore will be able to get a good enough return to compel a trade.
Although it doesn't seem likely he will be traded, it could make sense to trade him now instead of next trade deadline. Even though the return will not be one that gets them a top-100 prospect, they would still get more for him now then at next year's deadline when he would be a rental.
But, I favor the Orioles keeping the infielder on their roster.
Pick: Baltimore Orioles (+125)
What other team provides value?
If the Baltimore Orioles do wind up trading Villar, the San Francisco Giants seems like the most-logical suitor. They are in the NL Wild-Card race still and have been red hot.
They are now expected to retain Madison Bumgarner, which means they might as well try to add a little to their underwhelming lineup. Villar makes sense as a backup infielder. Donovan Solano is currently backing up third, shortstop, and second base. He could also start over Joe Panik, as the current Oriole has had more success, though that has come in the AL East, where the ballparks are hitter-friendly.
With the Giants, Villar would add speed, defense, and, in the right circumstances, pinch-hitting. Right now, if someone from San Francisco's infield gets hurt, they are lacking the depth to stay afloat, which is why they are targeting cheap-ish infielders like Villar.
Although I don't think Villar gets traded, if he does, it seems likely it will be to the San Francisco Giants who are in on the 28-year-old.
Pick: San Francisco Giants (+250)
SBD’s Trade Deadline Coverage
- Odds Say Yankees Won’t Move Clint Frazier Before Trade Deadline
- Odds Heavily Favor Freddy Galvis Still Being a Blue Jay After MLB Trade Deadline
- Odds on Noah Syndergaard’s Team After Trade Deadline: Mets Heavily Favored to Keep Pitcher, Yankees Given 6-1 Odds
- Red Sox Given +110 Odds to Acquire Ken Giles Before Trade Deadline, Braves Listed at 9-4
- Odds Favor Hunter Pence Being Traded to Tampa Bay Rays Before Trade Deadline; Red-Hot Giants at +500
- Bovada's Odds Favor Yasiel Puig Remaining a Red After Trade Deadline; Yankees Given 3-1 Odds to Acquire Him
- Odds of Justin Smoak Still Being a Blue Jay After Trade Deadline Set at -185, Indians Listed at 9-2 to Acquire Him
- Odds Heavily Against Giants Trading Madison Bumgarner Before MLB Trade Deadline
The post Odds Favor Orioles Not Trading Jonathan Villar Before Deadline; Brewers, Athletics, Giants All Given 5-2 Odds to Acquire Him appeared first on Sports Betting Dime.
Napoli vs AC Milan Play for Top Spot
[ad_1] Can AC Milan continue their undefeated streak in Serie A when they face a…
These Four-Teams Are Heavily Favored to Make the College Football Playoff
[ad_1] The Alabama Crimson Tide are heavily favored to make the four-team CFP this season.…
Updated Odds to Win The Masked Singer Season 4
[ad_1] The Sun is the favorite to win Season 4 of The Masked Singer. Can…
Dana White’s Contender Series Season 4 Week 10, Odds & Picks
[ad_1] Nick Maximov (second from right) will try to earn a spot in the UFC…
Ohio State vs Indiana Week 12 Opening Odds Favor Buckeyes By 19.5 Points
[ad_1] Justin Fields and the Ohio State Buckeyes host Indiana on Saturday. (Photo by Michael…
Masters 4th Round Odds, Tee Times, Standings and TV Coverage
[ad_1] Dustin Johnson is the runaway favorite heading into Sunday at the Masters. (Photo by…