Koepka huge favorite to win PGA Championship entering final round with 7-shot lead
- Brooks Koepka with a steady round to lead the PGA by seven shots after three rounds
- Four golfers including Dustin Johnson in second place with monumental task to catch him
- See the updated live odds entering the final round at the 2019 PGA Championship
Apologies to the rest of the field at this weeks PGA Championship – you're playing for second because Brooks Koepka is in complete control, building an insurmountable seven stroke lead with just 18 holes to go.
Should Koepka hang on to win the PGA Championship Sunday, he will be the only golfer ever to hold two major championship titles back-to-back simultaneously (PGA & U.S. Opens.)
Here's the updated PGA Championship odds after Round 3.
2019 PGA Championship Odds After Round 3
|Harold Varner III||T-2nd||-5||+10000||+10000|
*Odds taken May 18th; follow the link in the table above to see all options
Brooks Koepka has one hand on the Wanamaker Trophy
It's crazy to think Saturday was Koepka's worst round of the tournament this week – proving he was indeed mortal with an even-par 70, but it still allowed him to fend off his pursuers to set a tournament record for largest 54-hole lead.
Hole No. 5:
• Hardest hole on the course
• Hardest green to hit
• Average Proximity = 46 feet@BKoepka didn't get the news. pic.twitter.com/p9SLJYe0BI
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) May 18, 2019
The only value you somewhat could've got on him was wagering on him pre-tournament, but even then they weren't amazing odds.
I wish I could give some grand reason why you should put your faith in other golfers but it's just difficult to see him kicking this tournament away. Should he go on to win he'd have won four of his last eight majors played for a stupefying 50% clip.
Perfect putt.@BKoepka just keeps on rolling. pic.twitter.com/MtBSLkh30X
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) May 18, 2019
Dustin Johnson is Koepka's biggest pursuer
Dustin Johnson knows a thing or two about how a golfer can lose a massive lead, having blown a six-stroke edge at the 2017 WGC-HSBC Champions. It would have to start with a Koepka meltdown but DJ is capable, ranking second in strokes gained tee-to-green this week.
Dustin Johnson continues to dominate the 15th hole.#PGAChamp pic.twitter.com/xGKk2PQpnK
— PGA Championship (@PGAChampionship) May 18, 2019
His odds, however, are simply not good enough at +2000 to risk wagering on. A closing bogey dropped him out of the final group with his workout buddy Sunday so the prudent play is to steer clear of betting on him.
Best Live Value Picks at 2019 PGA Championship
- Luke List (+5000): Other than DJ, the three golfers in a tie for second have combined for zero PGA Tour victories. List has the best pedigree of the trio, having finished runner-up to Justin Thomas in the 2018 Honda Classic in a playoff.
- Hideki Matsuyama (+8000): Tied with the group eight shots back of Koepka, Matsuyama has been knocking on the door at majors for a while now, having amassed seven career top-10 finishes in the big events.
- Jordan Spieth (+15000): Looked a bit out of sorts Saturday but leads the field in putting this week. Extra motivation for insane nine stroke comeback because he'd become just the sixth man to record the modern era career grand slam.
The post Koepka huge favorite to win PGA Championship entering final round with 7-shot lead appeared first on Sports Betting Dime.
Matchday 25 of 38: David Moyes’ Hammers break into the Top Four / City extend lead at the top
Matchday 25 of 38: David Moyes' Hammers break into the Top Four / City extend…
EPL Matchday 24 of 38: Manchester United held by struggling West Bromwich; Aubameyang hat-trick sinks Leeds
EPL Matchday 24 of 38 report as Manchester United are held by a struggling West…
FA Cup 5th round 2021: Everton edge Spurs in 9-goal thriller; Man Utd, City and Leicester go through
FA Cup 5th round 2021: Everton edge out Spurs in 9-goal thriller; Man Utd, City…
English Premier League mid-week round-up – Anfield breached once again, Lingard debuts for the Hammers with Double strike
English Premier League mid-week round-up: [lwptoc] Liverpool 0, Brighton 1 - Wednesday, February 3,2021 After…
Newcastle, Leeds & Chelsea pull it off in the Premier League weekend round-up: Matchday 21 of 38
Premier League weekend round-up: Matchday 21 of 38. [lwptoc] Arsenal 0, Manchester United 0 -…
Napoli vs AC Milan Play for Top Spot
[ad_1] Can AC Milan continue their undefeated streak in Serie A when they face a…