Traders Forecast Bitcoin Will See a “Cool-down Period” as Rally Overheats
- Bitcoin has been caught within the throes of a consolidation phase ever since its price exploded up to its recent highs of $18,600
- The selling pressure that existed here was significant and sparked a $1,000+ move lower that was eventually absorbed by bulls
- This price action has done little to provide insight into its near-term outlook, as both bulls and bears have shown signs of strength
- Whether or not it can break and hold above $18,000 should provide serious insights into its near-term outlook
- One trader is expecting a “cool-down” phase in which BTC inches lower or sees a consolidation phase
- He notes that this type of short-term trend would be “more than welcome” considering the strength of the recent rally
Bitcoin is showing signs of losing its momentum following its massive rally from its recent $10,000 lows.
The crypto is trading up nearly 80% from where it was just a few weeks ago, and whether or not it can push higher in the near-term should depend largely on the resistance at $18,000.
Earlier this week, BTC faced a grim rejection at $18,600 that slowed its ascent and caused it to plunge lower.
The consolidation phase seen in the time since may mark a “cool-down” phase, which means that some slight downside could be imminent in the near-term.
Bitcoin Struggles to Hold Above $18,000
At the time of writing, Bitcoin is trading just a hair below $18,000 at its current price of $17,950. This marks a notable upswing from its multi-day lows of $17,400 but a decline from highs of $18,600.
Because it is trading squarely between these two levels, where it trends in the near-term may depend largely on whether or not bulls can flip the $18,000 equilibrium level into support.
An ability to do so could be the impetus for another leg higher.
Trader Claims BTC May Enter a “Cool-down” Period
One trader believes that Bitcoin may enter a cool-down period following its recent upswing, which means that it could drift significantly lower before seeing another parabolic move higher.
“BTC: Expansive moves up often see a cooling off period, Profit taking etc. A corrective leg is more than welcome. Paying myself!”
Image Courtesy of TraderXO. Source: BTCUSD on TradingView.
Where BTC trends throughout the coming few days should depend largely on its continued reaction to $18,000. Any firm break above this level, or rejection below it, could even set the tone for the rest of 2020.
Featured image from Unsplash. Charts from TradingView.
How to get the Bovada Bitcoin Bonus in 2021 worth up to a maximum total of $3,750
In this article we will explain how to get the Bovada Bitcoin bonus - it's…
What is the Best Bitcoin Wallet for Sports Betting?
Welcome to our aticle which will help you find the answer to the question of;…
Digital Euro, CBDCs and Bitcoin – Bitcoin Magazine
Listen To The Episode: This episode of Bitcoin Magazine’s Fed Watch is a cosmic ride…
Analysts Expect Move to $20,000 High as Bitcoin Holds Key Supports
[ad_1] Bitcoin underwent a rapid correction last evening after the coin pressed as high as…
Bitcoin Entrepreneur Malcolm CasSelle Dies At 50 – Bitcoin Magazine
[ad_1] Malcolm CaSelle, a pioneering blockchain technology and Bitcoin entrepreneur, has died at age 50,…
Macro Analyst “Can’t Imagine” Bitcoin Not Outperforming All Other Assets
[ad_1] Bitcoin has been the best-performing macro asset of 2020. Dan Tapiero, a prominent macro…